Success! Our first UK Society for Extracellular Vesicles Summer School 2019: Getting to Grips with Extracellular Vesicles at University of Nottingham was a big hit with 50 participants over four days of hands on workshops and lectures.
This was a residential workshop providing hands-on experience and guidance on working with extracellular vesicles, alongside lectures from internationally recognised researchers.
Here they :
- Learnt the key concepts of Extracellular Vesicles (EVs).
- Had hands-on practical tuition on EV purification and characterisation.
- Immersive residential course that includes all meals and accommodation.
- Met and networked with the experts in the EV field.
Keynote speakers included:
- Prof Edit Buzas (Semmelweis University, Hungary; Chair of ISEV Education Board)
- Dr Amy Buck (Edinburgh University)
- Dr Deborah Goberdhan (Oxford University)
A special thank you to event coordinator Dr Victoria James for making it all run so smoothly and all the sponsors that shared their equipment and knowledge.
Plans for 2020 Summer school are already in progress!